Monday, October 29, 2012

Picturesqueness: Osaka, Japan

T e n j i m b a s h i - s u j i ( 天 神 橋 筋 商 店 街 )
Tenjimbashi-suji is near our hotel, a shopping street that is named the longest
covered arcade in Japan.  A 2.6 kilometer long street intersecting a main road
is mainly our dinner place the gyoza heaven.
H o t e l   I l   G r a n d e   U m e d a
A classic Japanese washlet and a supply of toiletries
from Shiseido amenities.  What more can you ask for?
It had a lined internet connection for each room and a wifi
connection at the lobby.
C o m m u t e   b y  T r a i n
We did our daily commute via train (day pass), I can't seem to see any
pattern on the lines so I let Tikoy our guide do her thing.
I just need to stick with the group and not get lost in the scrimmage
(bottom 
photo courtesy of Alvin Villegas)
O s a k a   C a s t l e ( 大 阪 城 )
Put some dark clouds and some lightning on the background and the castle looks
like something out of a video game.  This  place is grand.
You can rent out a general's uniform or a Yukata inside the castle and play pretend.
T e n n o j i   Z o o ( 天 王 寺 動 物 園 )
My unexpected first sighting of a live Koala and a full grown Hippo.
It was suppose to be a place where I would rest my feet and just
visit two areas that interest me.  I ended up circling the whole zoo. :(
S h i n s e k a i 新 世 界 )   a n d   
T s u t e n k a k u   T o w e r ( 通 天 閣 )
I really like this place, not that it has x-rated films showing daily... hehehehe
It has lots of shops that I want to browse through, a number of restaurants
I wanted to try out.  It just feels like a homey location for me.
A lot of anime characters on the streets
You can even collect seven dragon balls in just one place
Wish all you want baby!
What else?  It offers a wall full of gashapon dispensers.
A huge volume of Glico Pocky snacks with variant flavors.
S h i n s a i b a s h i ( 心 斎 橋 ) - S u j i
Another covered shopping street intersecting Dotonbori
A place crowded by locals and tourist.  We met a couple of Tagalog speaking
Japanese women at the intersection.  They were as fluent as we are, how cool is that!
D o t o n b o r i 道 頓 堀 )   C r u i s e 
Dotonbori is a shopping street along side a canal.  A cruise can be found in front of
 Don Quixote shopping mall.  Funny thing about the cruise is the Pakyu incident
 wherein the guide would coach everyone to say Pakyu and point to the large crab (like shooting 
it or something).  The crab would eventually emit smoke after the Pakyu gesture.
Oh well, we shouted Pakyu and pointed at the large crab, It's not everyday you
can freely shout Pakyu to a crowded street and get away with it. :P
T e m p o z a n   V i l l a g e
Rode the Tempozan Ferris Wheel, saw a Ninja house, visited a Sanrio store
Ate my heart out and bought some cool mecha toys. CHANGE!!!
O s a k a   A q u a r i u m   K a i y u k a n
That was the best two hour aquarium visit I had so far.
Seeing the 'Butanding' (Whale Shark) and several other fish made my day
That's not a Butanding, silly, it's a Manta Ray and your friendly
neighborhood Japanese Diver.
(bottom 
photo courtesy of Alvin Villegas)
S a n t a   M a r i a   C r u i s e
Riding the retro fitted pseudo sail ship around Tempozan and back
Saw the Universal Studio Theme Park from a far, visiting it did cross my mind
but my feet disagreed.
U m e d a / H E P   F i v e   F e r r i s   W h e e l
yep it's originally blurry, I was that tired.  We rode another wheel at Umeda
and I missed going around the huge electronics store
because my feet was killing me.  Enough!
K a n s a i   A i r p o r t ( 関 西 国 際 空 港 )
We didn't see much anime Cosplays and Mascots during our stay not until we got to Kansai Airport where I met Detective Conan and 
Hakaba Kitaro.  We were able to see a concert at the airport grounds, I have no idea
who the band was so it sparked no interest to me.  I learned that even in live concerts
the Japanese are that orderly.  I did wish it was L'arc~en~ciel but who am I kidding.
O s a k a   R a n d o m   S t u f f
Machines: Astro boy is far from reality but they are getting there
Kiosk for ordering a meal, an overpriced drink dispenser and a one piece toy arcade thingy.
Things I normally do during trips, take pictures with strangers,
try out things I saw on TV and do silly stuff just for the heck of it
And more importantly; drink local beer every night with my room mate,
the dare devil himself, Doc Dinno.

No comments:

Post a Comment