Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Take


Friday night was really an ‘ugh’ for me since we (me and my wife) were not able to watch Cynthia Alexander's gig at 70s bistro like we always do.  It was one of her series of send-off performances.  Wish the number of crowd at 70’s bistro last Friday was always like that back then.  If that would be the case leaving the country might not cross her mind.

We can’t blame fans since busyness is just around the corner, my corner also.  So hearing about the send-off series brought some ‘awwww’ and ‘hayz’.  So majority of fans in incubation, including me, wanted to get in and watch her gig.  But when I got there I encountered a large number of mass outside of the bistro.  My wife arrived earlier and informed me that there were a lot of people outside and the gig cost is much higher than usual.  I didn’t imagine that it was that many and it was that costly but then again it’s a send-off I understand.  Cynthia seldom performs at the bistro since conspiracy bar emerged so I do make an effort to watch her whenever I learn she’d perform at the bistro.  Last time I saw her was five years ago, that long, so I guess I’m not an avid fan after all.

I came prepared I have my cds with me, last time I talked to her she told me she’ll sign my cds even after I said that I was too shy to ask her to, I even brought a sharpee just in case.  She’s that friendly and courteous; she had me at “I didn’t catch your name”.  Then again it was our fault; we were not early, not that eager I assume and not that patient.  I easily gave up upon seeing a full house and an angry mob outside the bistro.  My motto for that day was “Convenience over anything else”.  Sorry about that Ma’am.

I didn’t plan to go to conspiracy since I might encounter the same scenario.  I missed her set at ‎ Makati’s 2012 fete dela musique.  So everything was a failure and disappointing and it was entirely my fault.  We are still hoping we can still have the opportunity to listen to her performance again in the near future; we would love that.  I got the picture from a friend, thanks Reginald.

On a side note, while writing, I recalled; I think it was last year or was it two years ago, my wife and I made an effort to go to conspiracy one rainy evening just to learn that her gig was cancelled due to an injury she had.  I don’t know what injury it was but charging the lesson learned to experience, use the telephone dope!  Hahahaha, but seeing conspiracy for the first time was well worth the trip.  

2 comments:

  1. It was on the news. She'll visit Manila next year daw.
    Sana sa ibang gig sched na lang pala tayo. Palibhasa, last of the series. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pero different kasi pag sa 70s eh :) biased... hahahaha

    ReplyDelete