Friday, February 19, 2016

Of Minecraft and Men and DNSs

I succumbed to my boy's wish to get him the PS3 Minecraft game.  Since the game is now so-called old yet still ever so popular, I figured he needs to experience the on-line game himself.  That is thanks to his favorite Minecraft gamer DanTDM (Hello everone, Dan here!) via Dan's Youtube channel.

Problem is, we've been encountering update problems from PSN. It has been five days now and to no avail my account has always been getting the sign-in error during updates.  Initially I'm suspecting my internet provider because I got the same problem logging in to PSN last month (which they quickly fixed upon my request, great job!,Twitter is so awesome as a helpdesk channel).  Upon reading numerous forums and unnecessary comments, I luckily stumbled upon a solution that worked.  It was not the ISP nor my router nor my modem, it was the DNS settings. Geeze! but yeah, here you go http://www.psu.com/News/26006/How-to-fix-PSN-80710092-error- Special thanks to the author, you saved the game for us, update 1.23 here we come.
Credit to the owner of the image
Marcus, Matthew wanted you to have the PS Vita game code so you can meet online, I'll hand the voucher when we meet.  Now that is what you call a bargain; crossbuy, single game, two platforms, one price.

3 comments:

  1. Currently addicted to Minecraft PC edition. I gave it a try now I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's how it goes, hahahaha. The PS3 version I believe have different servers that the PC so the worlds/mini games created are different I think. I'll ask Matt if my theory is correct.

      Delete
    2. Yeah that's how it goes, hahahaha. The PS3 version I believe have different servers that the PC so the worlds/mini games created are different I think. I'll ask Matt if my theory is correct.

      Delete