Saturday, February 02, 2013

Draw Something

Hey, long time!  How have you been?  Before I do my usual Couch Potato, Foodographs, Bookas and Picturesqueness... I just felt the urge to write about 'drawings', so if I may ask, when was the last time you picked up a paper and a pencil and started scribbling whatever during your free time or even during a meeting.  I know a lot of my workmates does that but why the heck am I not.  I discovered that I'm missing out on all the fun! As a result I did a two pager during a post project delivery meeting with a large group just moments ago and I enjoyed it.  Drawing wasn't a bother at all during the meeting; I was listening, contributing and munching on some chips while doing so.  Conclusion: I'll be doing this a lot more often *smirk* in the future.

Before you say anything I'm not an artist by the way.  I didn't attend any seminar about drawing/art or what not, but my friends do tell me I'm creative.  Not that I don't believe them or anything, I just accepted the fact that they say I am so I'm just playing the part.

I draw here and there back in high school, I took up engineering in college where drawing was a subject.  I learned a lot but I'm more interested in mad magazine type of drawings compared to what is being taught. A three dimension projection of the front, side and top view of an object, sound more like a Shaider and Babilos projection if you ask me.  I want to draw without the limit or the impossibilities of reality.  Back then I always wanted to create a comic strip but didn't find the time to do so.  I think the interest was there but the push was not enough.  Always planned but never implemented.  It's like the time I wanted to be in a band without considering the obvious need of having a talent *duh*.  I even have a band name in mind. :)  Then again, those were my dreams that never did came to reality.  Maybe that'll be the topic of my next drawing *evil laugh*.

How all of this started you may ask?  Simple, draw something was invented!  Hahahaha, kidding aside, it was a thought that arose during a chat conversation with a friend (who is a natural bully by the way). It triggered a lot of fun memories about my dear old college friend.  The one who told me a great funny story circling around a 12 oz. carbonated drink *hihihihihi*.  I never thought of it as a material at first but it's how I can always remember him by, so why not.  I made a few attempts on paper back then; all of which ended up on the bin.  Now after more than a decade I'm giving it another try.

 
Thanks again and I apologize since the drawings might not mean a thing (it's also incomplete) if you look at it but for me it's funny as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment