Saturday, July 28, 2012

Couch Potato

What I have become on a rainy Saturday

S U C K S E E D

- I had this movie on my hard drive for quite some time now but I never did have the opportunity to watch it.  This morning was an exception since I finished all the runningman episodes that I have.  A Thai film about a group of friends who decided to form a band.  The movie displayed real-life immaturity of teens, each having their own personality and mostly selfish motives.  The movie has the right mix of comedy, romance and drama but I'd rather categorize it as comedy.



B E C K

- HBO's Screen Red didn't fail me this Saturday since I really wanted to watch this film which they aired during their stay home Fridays.  Lucky me, I just learned from a friend that this movie was based on a manga with the same name.  I really enjoyed the film so just trust me and watch it for yourself.



P A R A D E

- This is the second time I encountered the movie on red, it was amusing so I didn't mind watching it again.  It has a  lot of twist to its plot but what made it really interesting is the different persona of the characters involved.  It's a story about four friends of different ages living in one flat that was bewildered by this stranger that just mysteriously came out from their bathroom one morning.  Never did they recognize that no one knew the guy, each of them just assumed that he is a friend of another flatmate.



L ' a r c ~ E n ~ C i e l   2 0 t h   D a y   1   C o n c e r t

- I'm saving this DVD till I get a 5.1 home theater unit for my AV room, but I do guess that would take some, no, a large amount of waiting time until I get one so what the heck.  Using the television's built-in speakers was not that bad.



A   G O O D   R A I N   K N O W S 

- This one is also a repeat but it was worth the time.  A very good collaboration from Korean and Chinese film makers.  Most of the conversations are in English with each country's twang of course.  Most of it are moments of reminiscing about both actor's past when they were together as close or intimate friends.


2 comments: