Sunday, October 28, 2012

Whatda!: CHANGE!!!!

You ever had that moment when something caught you by surprise or an incident suddenly happened and you don't know what to do?  I just had one so I'll try to share most of them starting today.  I'll start a "Whatda!" category here at my blog so as I can organize things up.

I was at this "excited" state because I thought of assembling my cardboard robot replica and put it on display by tomorrow.  I found and bought three treasure models for myself at Osaka, Japan to fold and what not.  Namely Getter Robo (ゲッターロボ), Mazinger Z (マジンガーZ) and Great Mazinger (グレートマジンガー) all of which are childhood anime (cartoon) robot (mecha)  favorites.  Can I say I got them cheap? I even encouraged a friend to buy one for himself, hahahahaha. Good luck to us Alvin!

So here I am anxiously opening three packages from their plastic cases and carefully opening the cardboard covers so as not to damage anything.  I have no idea what to expect so I was pretty diligent not to damage anything, even the external case which I think is part of the model as well.  Although there were pictures of the finished product at the back of the case, I still don't know how can I make a five by five inch cardboard box that is a third of an inch thick be transformed to a display beauty. 

Wohoooo! Great Mazinger (グレートマジンガー), Mazinger Z (マジンガーZ
and 
Getter Robo (ゲッターロボ)
Back panel of the cardboard models, finished product is shown
Japanese text all over 
Okay so let's try out Getter-1, opened it up.  I discovered that the external
cardboard is really just a cover and not part of the model.
W H A T D A !
Look at the instructions, look at the pieces, what glue should I use?
Then I stopped and said "Whatda!", this wouldn't take me half an hour it would probably take me days, bwahahaha. I can't do this as quickly as I imagined.  Next weekend probably...  Mon Khan are you up for the challenge!?

Wished I bought what Alvin got, a Mazinger Z robot for a fair price. Sweet!  Guess I need to work hard to get the cardboard model done, hopefully, but not today.

photo credit from Alvin Villegas (he owns it all,
the Mazinger Z toy, the MacBook Pro and the photo), sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment